Every year, hundreds of international students come to study at International University of Struga for a period of time in the accordance with the international study programs. Exchange students can come to International University of Struga in the framework of different exchange programs.
European students have the possibility to spend one or two semesters at International University of Struga as a part of the Erasmus program. Faculty can also find opportunities for short-term teaching assignments through Erasmus.
Direct exchange students come from one of our partner universities and they can spend one or two semesters at International University of Struga. They must be nominated by one of our partner universities. It is not possible to apply directly to IUS for placement in a direct exchange.
Arriving in Struga and at International University of Struga
It is best to carefully plan your stay as an exchange student well before you travel to struga. Formalities with regard to enrollment, residence permits, visa (if needed), etc. can be handled more quickly if you bring along all the required documents.
DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BEFORE ARRIVAL IN STRUGA
The student needs to receive confirmation of nomination acceptance from International University of Struga first, before completing and submitting of the application.
- Passport photocopy
- Transcript of Records
- Learning agreement
Nomination and application deadlines:
- Winter semester: 30 June 2020
- Spring semester: 30 November 2020
International University of Struga is committed to producing global citizens and providing students with as many opportunities as possible to internationalize their degree. Each year many undergraduate and graduate students complete a semester or year abroad as part of their degree program and benefit from increased confidence and different academic perspective that this provides.
The International Exchange program and Erasmus + Exchange programs are available to current students at the IUS who wish to travel abroad.
INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMS
This exchange program is for students that want to study at one of our partner universities around the world. The program is run by the Study Abroad and Exchanges Team, within the University’s central International Relations Department. Students on programs that permit an exchange period can apply to any one of the University’s partners that offer modules in their discipline. This is subject to the student having enough knowledge of the institution’s language of instruction to be able to follow a university level course of study.
ERASMUS + EXCHANGE PROGRAMS
This exchange program is for students that want to study at one of our partner universities in Europe. As with the international exchange program a student has to have enough prior knowledge of the institution’s language of instruction to be able to fully engage with university level study.
The student should complete the application form and then send it to the International Relations office. That application can be downloaded here: link
The deadline for application submission:
Winter semester: April 30th
Summer semester: November 30th
Since our University strongly supports the mobility programs, it is undoubtedly that it also recognizes the mobility achievements. If the gained knowledge and experience comes from regular lectures abroad then, at our University they are accepted in the format of credits. Usually those credits are counted in the scope of elective and free elective courses. On the other hand the experiences achieved from trainee ships in enterprises are accepted as practical work which is conditional during the studies
Msc. Armir Ziba
Msc. Lirinda Vako
Knowledge of languages facilitates access to new and better opportunities. The International University of Struga Language Centre prepares the students to improve their knowledge in English, Italian, Albanian, Turkish and Macedonian languages.
The IUS Language Centre offers regular courses in foreign languages (English, Italian, Albanian and Turkish) in order to complete the language training of students, teachers and administrative staff and services. It also offers Macedonian courses for foreigners, designed to improve its’ proficiency in Macedonian language.
The IUS Language Centre has an extensive list of licensed teachers, as well as native teachers with higher education degrees, selected for their academic qualifications and extensive experience in foreign language teaching (FLT).
To achieve our mission, the IUS Language Centre aims to:
- Ensure access to outstanding language teaching and support for language learning for all current students and staff members of the University
- Support the highest levels of academic achievement by students whose first language is not English or Italian or Albanian or Turkish or Macedonian
- Exploit the latest technologies and pedagogies in developing language teaching and learning materials
- Provide professional advisory services which will support individual language learners
- Provide high quality learning resources in multiple media, both physical and virtual, in a wide range of languages
- Collaborate and share expertise with other language learning providers within the University and in other organizations nationally and internationally
- Promote language learning and access language study to students.
Here is a list of the available courses:
– Intensive English for beginners
– Intensive Italian for beginners
– Intensive Albanian for beginners
– Intensive Turkish for beginners
– Intensive Macedonian for beginners – foreign students
– English for Special Purpose (Economy, Law, Politics, Information technology)
– Albanian for Special Purpose (Economy, Law, Politics, Information technology)
– Turkish for Special Purpose (Economy, Law, Politics, Information technology)
– Macedonian for Special Purpose (Economy, Law, Politics, Information technology) – for foreign students
|Faculty of Economics||Faculty of Economics|
|Business and Economics||180 ECTS||Business and Economics||120 ECTS|
|Marketing and Financial Management||180 ECTS||Marketing and Financial Management||120 ECTS|
|Faculty of Law||Faculty of Law|
|Jurisdiction||180 ECTS||Jurisdiction||120 ECTS|
|Criminalistics and Detectives||180 ECTS||Criminalistics and Detectives||120 ECTS|
|Public Administration||180 ECTS||Public Administration||120 ECTS|
|Faculty of Political Sciences||Faculty of Political Sciences|
|Diplomacy and International Relations||180 ECTS||Diplomacy and International Relations||120 ECTS|
|Faculty of Information Technology||Faculty of Information Technology|
|Computer Sciences||180 ECTS||Business Informatics||120 ECTS|
International University of Struga currently does not have a dormitory to provide accommodation to incoming Erasmus+ students, though it can provide assistance in finding accommodation in the city of Struga by contacting landlords who offer student accommodation.
If you need assistance, please download, fill out and send the form.